For Royal Oak Seniors or Adults with Permanent Disabilities
Transportation is provided by the city of Royal Oak to promote independence for residents who are aged 60+ and for adults with permanent disabilities under the age of 60.
Please call dispatch at (248)246-3914 between 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday to schedule your appointment.
Vehicles are not available on an emergency basis. Please call up to two weeks in advance for appointments. A minimum of one day before is required; however, space is not always available with such short notice. Notify the dispatcher if a motorized lift is needed. A maximum of four appointments per week per person are allowed.
- $3.00 suggested contribution for each one-way trip
- $4.00 suggested contribution for each round trip
Please have the correct change or a ticket ready to pay driver at pick-up.
Prepaid Tickets Available:
$19.00 for 5 round-trip tickets $14.00 for 5 one-way tickets
(within above boundaries plus Livernois and Crooks Roads north to 16 Mile)
(There may be an additional fee for out-of-boundaries Corewell Health affiliates)
| Other Destinations
(within above boundaries)
|1st & 3rd Wednesdays
Please Read Carefully
This service is available Monday through Friday from 9:15 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. for those traveling within the specified boundaries.
- Passengers must complete a registration card listing an emergency contact person, doctor, and other pertinent information.
- Drivers provide a door-to-door service. They may assist passengers on and off the vehicles if needed. They may escort you from your door to the bus and return. They are not allowed to enter your home or the destination to which you are traveling. Drivers cannot assist wheelchair passengers up and down stairs. Please do not ask them to do so.
- Be ready for your pick-up 15 minutes before and after your scheduled time. Drivers cannot always accommodate exact scheduled times, depending on driving conditions and promptness of all passengers.
- To take advantage of this service, schedule medical appointments no earlier than 9:30 a.m. When your appointment is finished, please ask your doctor's office to call (248)246-3900 for your return ride. Appointments must be finished before 3:00 p.m. to assure time for return trip home by our drivers.
- When shopping, please remember your pick-up point and be there on time. You are limited to six bags or the equivalent, which the driver may help you with. (Note: In apartments, groceries will be left in the lobby area.)
- If you are in a wheelchair, or an adult with permanent disabilities, you may travel independently on our vehicles providing the following criteria is met:
A. You can communicate pick-up times and destinations to the driver.
B. You can walk or maneuver without assistance beyond the ground-level entrances of pick-up and destinations.
C. There is minimal possibility of a medical emergency occurring in transit.
If you cannot meet the above, an escort or personal care attendant should accompany and assist you. Please inform the dispatcher of special needs or arrangements (such as a motorized lift or escort) when making your appointment.
Permanently disabled adults under the age of 60 may use this service if you submit a letter from your physician stating the nature of your disability (addressing the criteria above) and stating whether or not an escort is required to accompany you.
FundingThis service is funded and operated by the joint efforts of the City of Royal Oak, SMART Municipal and Community Credit funds, and Corewell Health. Passenger contributions are important and imperative to keeping our transportation program operating!