Tim's Kitchen at the Senior Center
Serviced by Chef Erin Koch
Nutritious & Delicious
Enjoy meals prepared from scratch in the Mahany/Meininger Senior Community Center kitchen Monday - Friday, served at 11:45 a.m. Chef Erin Koch (pronounced like "cook") will be serving new creations along with some of your favorites from our late chef, Tim Campbell. The meals are nutritious, filling and delicious!
Tim's Kitchen is a private pay, non-subsidized program.
Dine-In Meals are $3.50
Carry Outs are available for $4.00
- Please pay at the front desk.
- Pick up carry outs from noon - 3 p.m.
Chef Erin has continued Chef Tim's tradition of making freshly baked goods for sale for a $1.00 each. Please stop by the center to taste these delicious treats! You won't be disappointed.
Questions? Please contact the Senior Center at 248-246-3900 for menu options and/or to be added to the daily meal roster or to have your general questions answered.
Please see the article about Chef Erin Koch in C&G Newspaper.
A Note from the Chef...
Roughly after 6 weeks welcomed into the Senior Center I’m continually surrounded by only positivity and accolades. I felt the need to share just how appreciative I am for all the student helpers, volunteers, and support staff. I have benefited from your involvement; keeping up with the web site for wish list items, following the menu, reading the newsletters, and some even with assistance in the kitchen or readying the lunch service. The call for wish list items to stock up Tim’s Kitchen pantry have been wonderful. Most donors never want to be recognized; however, your generosity is beneficial to so many who visit the Senior Center. I have been listening to the suggestions offered and enjoy the feedback on bake sale and meal items. Thank you all for the continued participation in Tim’s Kitchen.
Check the Daily Lunch Menu!
April 2019 Lunch Menu
May 2018 Lunch Menu
Fundraiser for Tim's Kitchen!
WHEN: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
TIME: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join us for a special fundraiser to benefit Tim's Kitchen. See the flyer below for complete details.
Chef Erin's Wish List Items
Want to assist the Meal Program? Many have inquired on how they can help, well, Chef Erin has come up with a way that you can. She is looking to restock the kitchen pantry and is in need of the following items listed below.
Please note, we do not accept expired shelf life items. Please check the sell-by-date prior to donating.
- Shortening / Crisco Sticks / Canola Oil / Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil / Cooking Spray (GFS)
- Jell-O / Pudding Mixes (6 alike)
- Evaporated Milk / Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Sugar / Brown Sugar / Powdered Sugar / Turbinado or Sugar in the Raw
- Cocoa / Corn Starch / Flour
- Baking Mixes (6 alike): Cake - Banana, Fun Fetti, Strawberry, Vanilla, Red Velvet, Cherie Chip, White, Chocolate; Brownie
- Dried Fruit: Apricots, Cranberries, Craisins, Raisins
- Jelly / Jams: Apple, Grape, Orange, Strawberry
- Nuts: Almonds, Almond Bark, Pecans, Walnuts
- Mini Marshmallows / Marshmallow Cream
- Peanut Butter: Plain, Chunky
- Apple Sauce
- Baking Chips: Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Peanut Butter, Butterscotch
- Cereal: Corn Flakes (plain not frosted), Rice Puffs
- Frozen Whipped Topping
- Vanilla Wafers
- Dressings: Honey Mustard, Italian, Ranch
- #10 Size Can: Diced Potatoes, Corn, Green Beans, Peas, Carrots, Pickled Beets, Baked Beans, Mixed Fruit, Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Fruit: Pineapple, Mixed Fruit, Oranges/Tangerines, Cherries, Peaches, Pears, Apple Pie Filling, Cherry Pie Filling, Blueberry Filling
- Misc. Canned Good Items: Tuna (#6 Size Can), 3-Bean Salad, Diced Tomatoes, Stewed Tomatoes, Whole Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Kidney Beans (Light or Dark), Pinto Beans, Chick Peas, Black Beans, Black-Eyed Peas
- Chicken Base / Beef Base
- Bread Crumbs: Progresso, Panko
- Mashed Potato Flakes
- Jasmine Rice (Aldi large bag)
April's Top Ten Wish List Items:
- Call 248-246-3900 at least one day in advance to reserve a meal (please call before 1 p.m.).
- You may reserve at any time for meals planned during the month.
- Please call to cancel reservation if you are unable to attend.
- You may purchase meal vouchers (for 5 or 10 meals) at any time. Great gift idea!
- Bus fee is waived if you ride one of the morning Shuttles to the Center for lunch! The Shuttle Service has two morning runs, 9:15 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. For further information, please call the Center.
- Menu subject to change based on availability of food supplies.
- Call if you are going to be late! At times we have people waiting for meals. We reserve the right to give meals to those waiting if registrant is not present (or has not called) by 11:45 a.m.
- Carry out for $4.00 - Pick up at noon to 3:00 p.m.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels are available to home-bound residents unable to travel to the Center. Call Oakland Meals On Wheels at 248-689-0001 for hot meals delivered daily. The menu for home-bound meals differs from the meals listed on Daily Menu.