Make a Donation
The Royal Oak Animal Shelter is served by the Royal Oak Civic Foundation (formerly the “ROOTS” Foundation), established by the city to accept donations and endowments for the improvement of civic institutions. Donations and bequests may be directed to the Animal Shelter’s general fund for operating costs or they may be designated for specific projects at the Animal Shelter.
You may make donations through the following methods:
- In-person by appointment at the Royal Oak Animal Shelter, located at 1515 N. Edgeworth, Royal Oak, Michigan - via cash, check, or money order;
- By mail - via cash, check, or money order made payable to the order of the Royal Oak Animal Shelter and mailed to the following address: Royal Oak Animal Shelter, 1515 N. Edgeworth, Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Online - via credit/debit card or Paypal, using the following link: ROAS-Donation.
If the donation is an honorarium or made in memoriam, please include a note along with the donation, indicating the appropriate name and mailing address for acknowledgement(s). Acknowledgements will be sent to the person in whose honor the donation was made, as well as to the donor.
You may make a legacy gift to the animal shelter by including a gift in your will or trust. Please contact your estate planning attorney or a legal aid clinic to ensure that your legacy gift is properly included in your estate planning documents.
Donations of Physical Items
Donations of supplies that are used or consumed on a daily basis at the animal shelter are always appreciated, but the need for certain supplies changes on a daily basis and there is very limited storage space. In order to ensure that the Animal Shelter’s needs are met, please call the shelter at (248) 548-3058 or email@example.com prior to donating, or refer to the Animal Shelter’s Amazon Wish List, which is updated according to current needs: https://tinyurl.com/ROAS-Amazon-Wishlist
All donations may be dropped off at Royal Oak Animal Shelter during our regular business hours or by making an appointment in advance with staff.
The animal shelter facility is also in need of various updates, repairs, and “big ticket” items. If you are feeling very generous or you would like to sponsor a drive for any of these items, the following represent the Animal Shelter’s major current and future needs:
- Improved floor drains;
- Concrete or paved driveway;
- New fencing;
- Separated outside kennels w/sealed concrete, floor drains, and heated floors/pads;
- Updated play yards with artificial turf and ground drainage; and
- Veterinary clinic, including surgical suite;
- Transport Van
How Local Businesses Can Help
The Royal Oak Animal Shelter is always appreciative of the support it receives from local businesses. Please contact the shelter at (248) 548-3058 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss available donation and/or volunteering opportunities.
Donation Receipts and Acknowledgements
We provide receipts for all donations. If you do not receive a receipt or acknowledgement letter, please contact the shelter to let us know so that we may ensure your donation is acknowledged.