The Royal Oak Fire Department has been actively involved with CPR education for the community for decades. The department is pleased to offer a variety of classes for its citizens of all ages:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is a class for people who need CPR for their license or certification. Class members may include doctors, nurses, paramedics, EMTs, and child care providers. The general public is welcome to learn along with medical professionals.
- Group Classes: The fire department is available for civic groups, family groups, in office education and many other settings. Contact 248-246-3814 to schedule a customized group learning experience.
- Sidewalk CPR: The fire department offers quick and easy training in "Hands Only" CPR to community groups. This class does not qualify for American Heart Association certification and is designed for the lay person rescuer. Contact 248-246-3814 to schedule a customized group learning experience.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS): Our trained instructors can offer your organization certification through the American Heart Association with the latest updates and current training for ACLS. Contact 248-246-3814 to schedule a class or for questions.
CPR classes are held at the Fire Department, located at 215 E. Sixth Street.
The next classes are scheduled for:
- Saturday, September 16, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Saturday, October 7, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Wednesday, November 15, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Saturday, November 18, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Saturday, December 9, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday, December 12, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Classes cost $50
For more information call 248-246-3814.
Instructors are certified by the American Heart Association, and are members of the Royal Oak Fire Department. Our firefighters/instructors are anxious to meet you and partner with you as you become a trained and confident citizen of our community, prepared to face a medical emergency. Call today for enrollment in the next available class.