The City of Royal Oak is seeking election inspectors to work. To apply to become an election inspector, review the qualifications and requirements below, and submit your completed Election Inspector Application (PDF)
203 S Troy Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Must be a qualified and registered elector of the State of Michigan.
- Must be 18 years of age; a person who is 16 or 17 years of age may be appointed with special conditions.
- Must be able to work be able to work from 6 a.m. to approximately 9:30 p.m. on Election Day.
- Must have transportation to and from polling location. Shall have a good clerical ability to perform duties.
- Computer experience.
Requirements & Duties
- Must fill out an Election Inspector Application (PDF).
- Open and close the polling place location.
- Set up voting booths, tables, precinct supplies and voting equipment.
- Able to use a laptop computer to record voter history.
- Issue voters their ballot.
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chairperson.
- Pay of job is $180 for the day and an additional $15 for attendance at training class.