City Hall will be open to the public for election business beginning Thursday, Sept. 24.
Hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and Fridays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Please note, everyone that has already applied for a ballot will have their ballot mailed on Monday, Sept. 28. ONLY those who have NOT already applied for a ballot may do so in person.
The City Clerks office will be open extended hours for election business only on the following dates:
- Accepts applications from residents who want to serve on boards and committees.
- Conducts elections, registers voters and maintains voter records.
- Issues solicitation permits, Dream Cruise permits, special event permits, etc.
- Keeps official city records.
- Maintains the Peddler's Do Not Knock Registry.
- Posts notices and takes minutes of official city meetings.
- Processes and manages Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Provides birth and death certificates.
- Provides dog licenses and bike licenses
Understand the operation of your local government through its boards and committees.
Anyone who was born in the City of Royal Oak may purchase their birth certificate through the Clerk's Office. You may come in person and pick them up the same day or send us a mail-in request.
The Clerk's Office keeps death certificates for those who have died in Royal Oak. Anyone may pick up a certified copy. You may come in person and pick them up the same day or send us a mail-in request.
Any person in lawful possession and occupancy of any residence, house, apartment, or other dwelling within the City of Royal Oak may request that the City place and maintain his or her residence, house, apartment, or dwelling on the Do Not Knock Registry.
The City Clerk conducts elections, registers voters and maintains voter records.
Find information regarding business licensing in our fully indexed and searchable online system.
Every resident of the city who owns a dog must license their dog through the City of Royal Oak. By ordinance, licenses must expire at the same time as the rabies vaccination. Licenses may be purchased in person or by mail.
Browse a selection of City of Royal Oak applications, forms and documents.