Water Services

WS home to CB

What Are Water Services

​Water Services supply water from the City water main to the house. These are made of different materials with copper and plastic being far superior. Galvanized iron services eventually rust out and must be replaced. Services made of lead are a health hazard and should be changed.

Who's Responsible?

​Please note the homeowner is responsible for the water service from the water meter to the curb stop.  All water shut-off valves in the home are the responsibility of the homeowner.  If you need the water shut-off please call the Water Billing Department at (248) 246-3160 M - F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.  If it is an emergency and after hours please call the police non-emergency at (248) 246-3500 and they will dispatch a worker.