Sterling Heights, MI 48313
How Is Pick-Up Paid For?Trash, recycling and yard waste (when in season) is included in your taxes.
Refuse, recycling and yard waste (when in season) is collected once each week. Collection occurs between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Please have all material placed at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. Residents may put material out after 5:00 p.m. the night before their collection day per ordinance. Emptied containers must be removed from the curb as soon as possible after collection.
Please note that:
- The contractor is not allowed to reach into any container to dislodge contents.
- The waste hauler can change routes at any time and if material is not out by 7:00 a.m. then it will need to wait until your next collection day.
- All material must be contained, no loose trash.
- The weight of any refuse bag cannot exceed 40 pounds each, any trash container cannot exceed 60 pounds each and yard waste containers cannot exceed 50 pounds. Other items must be put out accordingly. Please refer to How to Package Different Types of Refuse or call the Department of Public Service at 248) 246-3300.
- Rubbish and yard waste containers can only be between 20 - 32 gallon (maximum size) or for rubbish 20 - 30 gallon plastic bags. Undersized containers (20 gallons and under) may be considered expendable and may be thrown out with the rubbish.
- Yard waste cannot be mixed with trash at any time due to State law.
- No sharps please.
When a holiday falls on a weekday, collection for the remaining days of the week will be delayed one day. View a list of these holidays.
Find out how to property prepare different types of refuse, such as yard waste, brush, and regular garbage, for curbside collection.
View a refuse collection schedule for different service areas.