Police Poster Contest Celebrates 100-Years
The Royal Oak Police Department is 100!
To help celebrate this exciting anniversary, the City of Royal Oak invites young artists to create one-of a-kind posters recognizing the men and women who work day and night to keep Royal Oak safe.
Entries will be proudly displayed at the Royal Oak Police Station, City Hall and the Celebration of the Arts event on June 2 at Royal Oak Middle School.
All participating artists will be entered in a drawing. The three lucky students that have their name drawn will receive:
- An invitation to ride in a Royal Oak Police patrol car in the Memorial Day Parade on May 26, 2018 in downtown Royal Oak
- A $25 gift certificate to Toyology
Each student will receive a certificate of participation from the Royal Oak Police Department in gratitude for his/her effort.
Special ribbons will be awarded to artists that demonstrate creativity, originality and artistic merit.
Eligibility: All public, private, and homeschooled students in kindergarten through eighth grades in Royal Oak may participate.
Deadline for submittals: April 30, 2018
Drawing for prizes: May 1, 2018
Poster guidelines are as follows:
- Hand drawn or electronically created submissions will be accepted.
- The following text must be included within the design: Royal Oak Police and 100 Years.
- Text should be dark and large enough to read.
- Entries should not use clip art or copyrighted images.
- All entries submitted become the property of the City of Royal oak and may be used on the city’s website, social media or displayed at city buildings or sponsored events.
- Should be designed on 8.5-inch by 11-inch or 11-inch by 17-inch paper.
- Hand drawn entries may be scanned and submitted electronically.
- Accepted file formats: JPEG, TIFF, PDF
- Minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- Maximum file size 10 MB